Tuesday, April 20, 2021

My dad, Robert A. Mullen, turns 99!

 

My dad, Robert A. Mullen, also known as RAM for his initials, turns 99 on April 28!  AND he is amazing.  Most of his life, he has worked and he will always be the king of Advertising & PR and creative writing in my book. 

We are in constant awe of the bad commercials, ads in magazines, just the poor stuff that is out there in the world to day.  I could go on, and on, and on, but I will not.  

But I thought you would get a kick out of my sharp dad on what he emailed me the other day.

"On the east wall of my bathroom there is one of my prize photos which has a sole Mexican seated perfectly in the bull arena in San Miguel de Allende.  Not another sole.  It was one of those magic moments when everything was right... the sun, the composition.  There is a Corona Beer sign on the pony wall below him.  I looked at it today and it dawned on me what a great ad it would make.  Just the photo.  The advertiser's logo is already in the image.  And in our pandemic age of isolation the headline would be all the copy needed:

To those who must drink alone!"

He then signed off with, 

"Anyway, I will hit the hay. Forgive my creative juices.  Long may they run."

Then the next day I received a revision for his Corona campaign:

"When you need a friend."

 

A big Happy Birthday to my wonderful and creative Dad!!!



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment