Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Two of my all time favorite cities!

In the November issue of Conde Nast's Traveler magazine, two of my favorite cities were voted "Best of the World Small Cities". 

San Miguel de Allende in Mexico came in first and San Sebastián in Spain came in third.  

My first encounter to San Miguel de Allende was the summer of 1974 when I went to the Art Institute and that same summer my parents bought our first house right in the historic center of town.  And that is when my love affair with Mexico, especially San Miguel started.  I am leading another tour there in July which I filled immediately.

Once you visit San Sebastián, you will immediately fall under its spell because of its charm, the best cuisine in the world and its magnificent La Concha Bay.  I took this photo from my room's balcony at the Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra, one of my all time favorite hotels.   My husband and I will be there next August along with a week in Barcelona.  Both places I have been countless times over the last twelve years.  When there, I will be fine tuning my "favorite lists" of restaurants, museums, sites...  For in 2024, I am planning to lead a two week tour to Barcelona and San Sebastián starting in mid August.  It will be a smaller group of six.  If interested, let me know and I will put you on the list.  I plan on having the itinerary and pricing put together once I return from Spain next September.

I may have other trips planned for next fall and 2024.  Stay tuned.

 

 "TRAVEL IS THE ONLY THING YOU BUY THAT MAKES YOU RICHER"

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment