Friday, December 9, 2011

Color Makes a Big Difference!

It's been a while since I have written.  My husband and I were on a three week trip to Europe which I will soon be writing about some of the special places and sights that we encountered; restaurants, museums, markets, cool shops....  I came home to some great interior design projects which has kept me very busy.  I have also been traveling back and forth to Scottsdale to see my brother, Carter, who is seriously ill.  Spending time with him has been my number one priority.  So please excuse my absence from writing on my blog. 
When I was in Barcelona, I went into a great store, Vincon.  It is located on the Passeig de Gracia and only a few blocks from our hotel, The Claris.  Vincon has a collection of contemporary dishes and cooking pieces, linens, some furniture, kinda a Crate and Barrel with an edge to it.  As you know from my previous posts, I love color.  That is one of the many reasons I love  spending time at my casa in San Miguel de Allende.
I was intrigued by the very cool coffee cups and saucers that were on display that featured some of the Pantone colors. Being that my Dad and brother were in the advertising and public relations business, I am very familiar with "Pantone."  Pantone prints an extensive fan deck that has an unbelievable range of colors that is used in the advertising industry, the design field and many other areas.
The bright lime green wall really accents the little espresso cups and the neat votive candles.
There was a whole display of Pantone notebooks which I could have bought one in each color but my 50 lb. limit on my suitcase would not allow me too.  (Believe me, new shoes and purses took priority!)
And how fun are these chairs?  Adult and children sizes.  Color sure makes a big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment