Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Musicians around San Miguel de Allende

San Miguel de Allende has always been a magical place and the musicians one encounters on the street is one of those magical moments.  This was a photo taken back in the 1940's, obviously not by me!
Waiting for a taxi after we had finished comida at Casa Blanca on Calle Hidalgo, along came these musicians from a small neighboring town, Atotonilco. 
The fourth member of the group on the other side of the doorway.  They played the Caminos de Gaunajuato for me.
They are not going to top the charts but it certainly was very entertaining. 
His accordion had seen better days but boy could he work the keys.
In front of the Parroquia church, Banda Amistad was taking a break.
A few of the Estudiantinas heading up to the jardin.
In front of the Peralta Theater, this man played Sweet Lorraine for my mom (her name is Lorraine).
I had just left Leo's grocery store, near the market and here this gentleman was serenading the customers that were coming and going.
And my favorite duo around town, Juan and Lalo.  They have entertained me and my groups up on the mirador at my casa.  
Viva la Musica!

No comments:

Post a Comment