Monday, September 2, 2013

I love fresh Figs

It's that time of year when the figs are to die for.  The above is such an easy and fast appetizer.  A simple way to serve figs is to cut them in half and press your finger in the middle to make a little indentation.  Put some softened goat cheese in the middle and drizzle them with a good Balsamic vinegar. I also like to reduce the same amount of port and Balsamic vinegar and use that over the figs.
Pure heaven.
In the next day or so, check my blog for photos and the recipe for my Fresh Fig Ice Cream.  That is part of my Labor Day  menu.  Well, back to the kitchen.  I need to get the Pistachio Shortbread Cookies in the oven.  I think the cook needs a cookie fresh out of the oven with a cup of coffee.
Wishing everyone a relaxing Labor Day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment