Monday, May 27, 2019

Flowers on the Wall... Colorful Mexico!


Being the start of summer and my love of flowers, I thought I would post a piece on the some of the beautiful planters and plants that adorn the colorful walls in Mexico.  Something my mom just loved too.
Calle Mesones in San Miguel de Allende, across from my favorite bakery, La Petit Four.  I had never seen these pots look so magnificent as they did the day when I I shot this.
What a stunning entry, the wall of potted orchids at La Cathedral Restaurant in Oaxaca City.  I take my groups here every time for comida (lunch).
Talk about lush plants.  This is the interior courtyard of the home and workshop of the Jacobo and Maria Angels family where they carve and intricately paint the Alebrijes (wood figures) in the town of San Martin, located just south of Oaxaca City.
I was intrigued by this four-sided, tiered pot stand that was in a courtyard in Oaxaca City.  What a clever idea.
A rather crude but so attractive, this plant holder is just beautiful against the old stucco wall.
So simple but so inviting!
I simply adore this colorful and spotlessly clean restaurant the I take my group to when down in the Oaxaca countryside.  One of my favorite dishes here is their stuffed Squash blossoms. 
What a clever and colorful way to display the plants.
At our last home in San Miguel de Allende, my mom's pride and joy, these clay pots with the voluptuous succulents in them
and this "Burro Tail" that we were always amazed at.
Canales, down spouts, in San Miguel de Allende.  No longer functioning as a down spout but as a wonderful planter made by nature.
Every time I go up to El Charco, the botanic gardens outside of San Miguel de Allende, I marvel at the colorful Bougainvillea and the flowering hedge at one of the house near El Charco.
Okay, I know these are not flowers but I had to throw this in at the end.  At a restaurant in Oaxaca City.  What a clever idea on what to do with wine and liquor bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment