Friday, February 7, 2020

Poly-Angularity, from every angle, I see you!

I was inspired by Diego Rivera's painting of Dolores Olmedo's daughter, Irene, 
that I just wrote about on my last post.   I had to find this one photo I took a while ago and share it with you.   It is my version of "Poly-Angularity", a technique in which the subject looks at the viewer from every angle she is seen from.  It is a pretty haunting effect.

As I mentioned, in my last home in San Miguel de Allende, I had many of my photos made into giclees,  a highly detailed printing process on canvas.  I had them framed and hung in the house.   The photo below is a very creative artisan, Emilia, from the town of Ocumicho in the state of Michoacan, Mexico.  The artisans of Ocumicho are known for their creative, many times bizarre and fantastical, clay figures and scenes.  I have quite a collection, and many wonderful pieces made by Emilia herself.

Her image hung in the hallway off the kitchen, and I swear, her eyes followed me everywhere.  I felt her presence all the time whether I was on one side of the kitchen or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment