Monday, March 5, 2012

Carter loved life and it was contagious!


Today would have been my brother's sixty-second birthday.  Even though he is not with us today, I feel his presence and rejoice in the wonderful times we had together and the life he led with such gusto.
This picture was taken on his sixth birthday.  At least I think that was his sixth by the number of candles on the cake with the cowboy in the middle.  He looks like he was protesting some but I think he enjoyed getting a little hug and smooch from his little sister.
This was taken almost eight years ago on my patio in Denver.  We were all together for a long weekend to celebrate our Mom's 80th birthday.
Always joking around and making me laugh.  My parents, Susan and Carter, and Len and I were on a Crystal Cruise over Christmas in 2004.  Who needed the ships entertainment when we had Carter.  He was doing his imitation of a rapper.
A hunter and fisherman by heart.  Starting at an early age up in northern Minnesota.
Carter and our Dad would fly down to Ciudad Obregon in Mexico for their annual duck and dove hunt.  Carter was in his element and boy was he an excellent shot!
Carter had a great smile, a twinkle in his eye with a little (and maybe a lot) of mischief thrown in.
Just up the street from our house in San Miguel de Allende.  We were having a good laugh. He had that same great smile along with a bit of mischief.  Carter, your smile is with me every day, every moment.  Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment