Monday, April 17, 2017

Backpacks for my Chiapas tour were perfect

I had light-weight mesh backpacks made for everyone who went on my Magic of the Maya World tour which I filled with a welcome packet and more.  I used an ancient Mexican bird motif for the logo.  The design was originally created on a clay stamp that was used to decorate pottery.

The welcome bag included our daily schedule, a folder with a map of Chiapas which I had highlighted our journey through Chiapas (kinda like the old trip tickets my parents would get from AAA when we were kids), a city map of San Cristobal de las Casas along with shopping, museum and restaurant suggestions, a page on "fun facts" on Chiapas along with photos, a page on navigating the Mexico City airport, a wash rag in a zip lock baggy with a note reading "Mexicans never forget the tequila in your margarita but they always forget the wash cloth for your bath. Here is one on me.  A wash cloth.  Margaritas later.   Robin    2017", some candy
and my photo book, The Magic of the Maya World.
Over 30 pages of photos that I had taken in Chiapas along with some text.  The above is the back cover of the book.  This is something I do for every tour I lead.
I usually put together the welcome packet and goodies in a mesh bag or when in Oaxaca, I go to the artisan market and buy hand-woven straw baskets with handles.  But for Chiapas, I thought a light-weight back pack would be ideal to put ones camera, bottle of water and other stuff in, especially when you would want to have both hands free when climbing up and down the ruins.
With our back packs on, heading down to the rivers edge to board the boat for our journey down the Usumacinta River to the Maya ruins at Yaxchilan.
And one thing I did not think of until I saw Len, my husband, who joined me on this tour, climbing up the huge ruin in Tonina, is that I could spot him quite easily with his 
orange-colored back pack on.  

The back packs added another fun aspect to a great tour!  

FYI - I plan on leading another tour to Chiapas next year.
February 9 - 17, 2018.   
And I added an extra day in San Cristobal de las Casas.  
If interested, send me an email at robindsg@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment