Sunday, August 20, 2017

Beverage graphics in Mexico are some of the best!

Mexico has some of the best graphics when it comes to their beverages.
Walking around the market in Oaxaca and I came upon such a nice lady that was more than happy to pose for me.  I could not have choreographed this any better if I had tried.  The colors in her outfit with the turquoise enamel pot were just so colorful against the Coca-Cola graphic behind her.  When I returned the next year with one of my groups, I brought her a copy of this photo and she was so excited to receive it.
Driving back into San Cristobal de Las Casa from visiting the small villages of Zinacantan and San Juan Chamula up in the highlands, I shot this as I was at the wheel passing by.  


 These are tiles making up the Coca-Cola sign in the Guadalupe area in San Miguel de Allende.
When traveling around Chiapas with my friend Esther in 2016, we were driving from San Cristobal de Las Casas to Palenque.  We stopped at a comedor for a bite to eat and there were 4 big Corona trucks in the parking lot.  I am sure these drivers thought, what are these gringas doing in the middle of no where eating at this roadside comedor.  They were very polite and we all wished each other, "buen provecho".
After leaving San Cristobal de Las Casas on our way to Palanque, we stopped to take some photos of the countryside and a gorgeous waterfall.  This Coca-Cola graphic was painted on the side of a little road side stall.  Has a bit of Andy Warhol to it.
Indio cerveza, a crisp amber lager that I had at a restaurant on the main plaza in Guanajuato.  Made by Bohemia, it's a very refreshing beer on a hot day.

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment