Friday, August 4, 2017

Restorante Italiano D' Yoalli outside of San Miguel de Allende

One of my all time favorite places to dine when I am in San Miguel de Allende is at the Restorante Itlaiano D' Yoalli just outside of town.  Len and I were celebrating my birthday, well actually I had been celebrating all week.  The margaritas are some of the best in town.
The setting is beautiful and the landscaping has really matured.
This particular day, we had the whole patio to ourselves with the view of the campo (countryside).  Every time I am here, I spot one bird that has the brightest red chest.  No, it is not a Robin.
Today we started with freshly made spinach ravioli in a butter Gorgonzola sauce.  Delicious as always.  Other days we opt for the squash blossom raviolis.  And the pastas are all hand made and so good.  The week before I could not decide what to have as our starter.  The calamari salad is one of my favorites but this time we had the beef carpaccio that was also excellent.
For our entree we had the veal served with a little butter and sage sauce that just melted in your mouth it was so tender.   Other entrees that I also like to order is the fresh fish, quail and lamb. 
We finished off the meal with a glass of black sambuca.  Another great birthday meal!
Another component that makes dining here so special are the two waiters, Jorge and Juan Manuel.  As we were leaving,  I had them all sing La Cucaracha.  The Three Tenors!  Len was doing a great job belting out the song but I love the way Jorge is looking at Len and Juan Manuel was just laughing at the whole ordeal.   When ever I call for a reservation, their voice always light up when they hear it is me calling.  They certainly treat me like royalty.  It's also one of my favorite places to bring my groups when I do my San Miguel de Allende tour.

Buen Provecho!

Ristorante Italiano D'Yoalli
Open Thursday - Sunday
Carr. San Miguel de Allende - Atotonilco Km. 7.4
(415) 185-2317

No comments:

Post a Comment