Thursday, October 11, 2012

La Chamonix, one of my favorite places to dine in San Miguel

La Chamonix is one of my favorite restaurants in San Miguel de Allende. This figure of a waiter serving Perrier Jouet Fleur de Champagne, shades of Guy Buffet, is painted on the stucco wall at the entrance of the restaurant. I just love it.
Anna Lilia, the chef and owner of La Chamonix not only knows how to cook well, she plates her food beautifully and I always look forward to seeing her with her bubbly, contagious personality! 
Ana Lilia and her sister, Toni, are always changing things at the restaurant.  I love how they had the metal chairs painted a celadone with the denim seat cushions.  And when it is chilly out, the indoor dining room is a perfect spot to dine with the wood-burning fireplace.
 
The new umbrellas are so pretty next to the hot pink bougainvillea and the deep, blue sky.
 And the service is wonderful.  Mauro and Alejandro always great me with a big smile.
One of my favorite starters is the artichoke soup.  So fresh and so tasty.
The Chicken satay with a peanut sauce is great with the soup or just as an entree on its own if you are not too hungry.
You can not go wrong with one of the salads:  wild greens, figs, goat cheese, prosciutto and fresh mango.
One of my favorites, fettuccine with sauteed shrimp and a creamy lemon sauce.  I never tire of this entree.
When I have one of my groups in town, we always have one of our special comidas (lunches) here and Ana Lilia makes a special entree for me and my guests.  A phyllo-wrapped roasted poblano stuffed with sauteed vegetables and Chihuahua cheese served with a light cilantro sauce and a large Parmesan cracker.

Just some of the people on one of my last trips.  What a great place to dine.  The food, ambiance, service, Ana Lilia's presence, everything.  Stop in for comida or dinner and tell Ana I sent you in!

La Chamonix
Sollano 17
San Miguel de Allende
#154-8363

PS:  As you enter the restaurant, there is a darling little boutique
        to the left,  Chamonix Home.  
        I will be writing about that on my next post.  Great stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment