Sunday, July 7, 2013

A great evening on the patio with my fellow mermaids


Recently I had my group of wonderful ladies from my Denver Athletic Club water aerobics over for our Fourth Annual Mermaids and Margarita party
The evening could not have been nicer.   I make all the food and of course, the margaritas.
We started with guacamole and chips and baked goat cheese with a roasted salsa seco. 
Meet Lori, Esther, Annie, Melinda, Sylvia and Beth.
And our favorite instructor, Lizzy!  She rocks.
Mary, Petra and Eddy.
I made my famous chorizo pork sliders served with a roasted poblano sauce.  Jennifer always pitches in and helps.  Along with the sliders I served an arugula and watermelon salad.  So refreshing on a summer evening.
Esther and Anne enjoying a good laugh.
Melinda waiting for the special dessert to be served.  I surprised the ladies with a frozen zabaione with fresh blueberries.  It was an instant hit.  See my next post for the recipe!
Next year I may have to do a sangria and tapas party.  You just never know what I will come up with.
Happy Summer!







No comments:

Post a Comment