Monday, January 23, 2012

Creative Art is all around us!

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see." 
                      Henry David Thoreau

Many walk through life and do not see what is right in front of them.  When I was in Barcelona, I saw more than just the gorgeous architecture, the phenomenal restaurants and the beautiful shops.  I found some of the posters, painted doors and even some of the graffiti, around Barcelona pretty darn good.










 So simple but really nicely executed. Your eye fills in the blanks.
 Being a fan of everything to do with Day of the Dead, I found this poster wonderful!
I have no clue what was behind this door.  Could it be a night club, a head shop, a hair salon...
I like how the black and white art is surrounded by the colorful graffiti.
Near the Basilica Santa Maria del Mar, there was a door painted with this seven legged woman that caught my eye.  She is promoting an artist, Aurelio Cachafeiro, that designs and creates wall art along with the collaboration of a few other artists.  I checked out his website, www.aureliocachafeiro.com, and he has done some very cool installations.  
There is talent around every corner, you just have to keep your eyes wide open!

No comments:

Post a Comment