Friday, April 20, 2012

La Posadita, a restaurant with a great view in San Miguel

Just a few steps from the jardin, the main plaza, in San Miguel de Allende is La Posadita.  You climb up a narrow staircase and then another winding staircase to the third floor roof that opens up onto three different seating areas that have some of the best views in town.  Looking up Calle Cuna de Allende, you have a spectacular view of the Parroqia Church.  Looking south and west, a beautiful panoramic view of the town and the countryside.
I had a wonderful comida (lunch in Mexico) with my good friend Paula and my parents.  As you can see, we were having a good time.
Paula ordered Cochinita Pibil, a shredded pork dish that had been cooked in a banana leave and seasoned with orange juice, achiote paste, cumin and garlic.  Very flavorful.
My Mom had the chicken salad which was a very generous serving with its tender pieces of chicken, tasty cherry tomatoes and slices of avocado and red onion.

I had my favorite, Arrachera, a thick strip of meat from the flank (skirt).  A flavorful cut of meat, especially when it is grilled.  The grilled onions taste like there were just picked that morning along with the grilled small cactus pads (nopalitos) from the prickly pear.  Not the  upper right hand corner of the photo, a margarita or two is a given.  And they are very, very good.
My dad had the good ole staple of Mexican cuisine of the area, Sopa de Tortillas (tortilla soup).  I delicious, light tomato/chicken broth with a little heat to it with queso fresco (a Mexican cheese similar to feta), chilies, fried strips of tortillas and chunks of avocado (check my blog out on Monday, I will share with you my recipe).


Wonderful ambiance, great service and an excellent menu with a variety of appetizers, soups, salads and entrees.  My brother, Carter, loved the Enchilades Verdes (chicken enchiladas in a green tomatilla sauce) along with a cold bottle of Negro Modelo (a dark Mexican beer).  You can not go wrong with having lunch or dinner here.  

By the way, this is one of the restaurants that I take my groups to for one of their meals.
Buen provecho!


La Posadita
Cuna de Allende 13
San Miguel de Allende

No comments:

Post a Comment