Friday, December 24, 2010

San Miguel de Allende has its share of Creches

It is not Christmas in San Miguel if there is not a live nativity scene set up in the gazebo of the jardin.  Well, a partially live creche... don't worry, there is no live baby in the cradle!
If the nativity scene in the middle of the jardin was not enough... There was a beautiful Creche in front of the San Rafeal Church with a painted stone backdrop, Spanish moss, white twinkling lights and such elegant, lifelike figures. 

This was a photo from another year.  Just as beautiful representing the stable scene.
This is the nativity scene in the San Rafael Church, right next to the Parroquia.
I laugh, this is the same church's nativity scene that I had shot a previous year.  I wonder why Mary is on one side, one year and on the other side, the other year. 
This is the San Francisco's version of the Nativity scene along with a painted backdrop of the town, twinkling lights, Poinsettias, green and red tinsel and big colorful balls strung amongst the chaos.  Only in Mexico.
Nearby, in Atotonilco, there were colorful balls hung on metal Christmas trees flanking each side of the nativity scene.
And my parting shot.  I was sitting in the back of the Monjas church (my favorite church in town) with my telephoto lens on my camera.  This is one of my all time favorite images: the lighting was just perfect, the nun strode across in front of the altar at the right time, there was an over abundance of flowers (especially for this church), the Christmas trees were lit.  I don't know what says Merry Christmas more than this photo does. 

Sending you the best wishes for a Very Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment