Friday, April 8, 2011

Huaraches, step aside

Wednesday I wrote about Huaraches and how utilitarian and sturdy they are. 
I had just finished comida with my family and my sister-in-law, Susan, and I decided to go for a walk up and down a bunch of streets, gradually working our way over to the market.  In the window of this little shoe store on Calle Hidalgo in the historic center of San Miguel de Allende were some great looking shoes.  One pair in particular caught our eye, were these black patent, very stylish, high, high heels with a platform sole.  Not one to leave my camera at home, I could not resist.
Like the slogan on the old Wheat Chex cereal commercial, "Let Mickey try it"...  Well, "Let Susan try them."  With hardly any coaxing on my part, she did.  The soles were a killer bright red.  We thought they were super cool, but can you imagine wearing them today, especially around San Miguel with all the cobblestone streets and sidewalks?  Maybe back in our twenties!

No comments:

Post a Comment