Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Last Night in San Miguel de Allende


It was the last day of my Artisan and Architecture tour and what a fabulous week we have had.  Around 6:30 my group came over to my home in San Miguel de Allende and we went up on the mirador (my rooftop patio) with its incredible views.  One of my best friends, Judy, is enjoying a glass of my homemade sangria.
Cindy, who has been on one of my Meet Me in San Miguel tours and this most recent tour, Artisans & Architecture, is wearing the intricately embroidered blouse that she had bought over in Cocucho.  It looks stunning on her!
With all the frenzy of my group arriving, pouring sangria, getting everyone up on the mirador, I neglected taking a photo of all the food I had out prior to their arrival.  As you can see, it was a big hit. I had stopped by the Blue Door Bakery (not its real name but that is what I have and most of the gringo population in town has called it for over 36 years) and bought two kinds of empanadas that have the flakiest crust; a chorizo & potato empanada and another one with flavorful ground meat with tomatoes.  I also bought a few dozen Mexican wedding cookies that just melt in your mouth.
I loved the fact that most of the ladies got up and danced with my trio.  Barb and Elaine were having the time of their lives.
 
After we had had our full of empanadas, sangria and cookies, we went up to the jardin to watch the light show that is projected on the Parroquia Church (the Parrish church).  It was produced by a French artist along with some great music for the celebration of the Bi-Centennial.  It shows ever Friday, Saturday and Sunday night around 9:00 pm.  It was a perfect ending to a perfect week.

No comments:

Post a Comment