Monday, May 30, 2011

The Woodman Vase at the Denver Art Museum

About every four to five months, I design a new arrangement with my friends, Judy and Liz, for the Woodman Urn that is on display at the Denver Art Museum.  We wanted come up with a design that was really over the top.  We made a huge armature of long pieces of bamboo.  From that we hung Spanish moss and orchids.
We have received rave reviews on our newest design but unfortunately we have had to take it down.  To many people passing by just could not resist tugging on the moss to see if it was real and jumping up to touch the bamboo armature.  I guess even in an art museum, people still can not resist touching things.
In the next week or so, we will have a new design in place.  But believe me, I know people still will not be able to resist touching the flowers to see if the are real.  Stayed tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment