Monday, August 1, 2011

There is so much color in San Miguel de Allende

I am a nut about color and orange seems to be on my radar the last few years.  Everywhere I look in San Miguel de Allende I see orange.  These Marigolds in the market were spectacular with the hint of the deep red Cockscomb in the background.
The facades of many of the buildings offer all kinds of orange tones from rusty ones to weathered ones in the ochre family.
 
I love the orange dress with the colorful appliques that this woman had made for one of the many parades in San Miguel de Allende. 
How delicious does this chili relleno look with creme fraiche drizzled on top?
This is one of my favorite window shots with the old stone carvings around the window and the delicate design of the wrought iron all framed by the orange facade.  Just lovely.
The colors of these succulents were just so beautiful especially in the full afternoon sun.  These were in Dianne's garden out at her Rancho Casa Luna, not too far out of San Miguel.
Talk about orange and what a plunging neckline!  Above is another parade participant, a Mojiganga.  A Mojiganga is a large paper maiche figure that is carried on the shoulders of the person inside it.  She really gives true meaning to "hot mama".  Orange is such a happy color.  And she certainly looks happy... I am sure many that see her are happy too!


No comments:

Post a Comment