Thursday, August 25, 2011

Upcoming Artisan & Architecture Tour

For years my family and I have owned a home in San Miguel de Allende, which sits in the mountains of Old Mexico.  For the last three years, I have conducted a few small, very private tours of the area.  Without exception, they have been very successful and the enthusiastic response from the tour members has been great!
Two years ago I dreamed of organizing a one-time only tour which would explore the world of Mexican artists and architecture.  That dream became a reality last February and it was a trip of a lifetime.
We started our 8-day adventure in San Miguel de Allende.
 We traveled over to the wooded mountains of Patzcuaro.
We visited 16th century painted chapels and old monasteries.
The painted interiors of the small chapels were all so different and such beautiful works of art.
We ventured out into the picturesque countryside to the small villages.
We met master weavers,
Cocucho craftsladies (above) who create huge clay pottery, Ocomicho artisans who fashion whimsical and spectacular creations in clay, Santa Clara de Cobre artists world renowned for its copper pots...
We dined at a few private homes with folk art collections that would put most museums to shame.
This is not your customary travel tour.  Every detail is planned.  And they're personal - the evening you arrive, you will have a welcome reception at my home.
I have had such a tremendous request to repeat this exact tour that I have scheduled this adventure for February 25 - March 4, 2012.
Because this is for only a small, very select group, I urge you to make your reservation as soon as possible.  Call or email me today so I can reserve your journey into the world of Mexican Artisans & Architecture and I will send you the complete itinerary along with pricing.

Robin Mullen
Mullen Design, LLC
#303-322-7031
robindsg@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment