Monday, September 26, 2011

Sensational color at the Denver Botanic Gardens

What a beautiful morning at the Botanic Gardens, the temperature was perfect and the morning light was spectacular.  The Allan Houser sculpture exhibition could not have found a better temporary home but among the plants and flowers in the gardens.  I wrote about his sculptures on Friday but I had to share some of my photos of the brilliant flowers.
The colors just popped in the morning light.
 The shades of pink are so beautiful with the golden center of this Cosmo.
The fresh green and texture of this succulent reminds me of all the ones in the greenhouse at the Botanic Gardens in San Miguel de Allende.  That particular greenhouse has over a 1,000 different cacti and succulents. 
 The lilies in the ponds were attracting a lot of bees.  Almost surreal looking.
This photo looks like one of Monet's water lily paintings.  The deep blue of the water is such a brilliant contrast with the pinks of the water lilies and the leaves.
 
The trees are starting to turn colors around town, I will have to return soon to see what the gardens have in store for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment