Friday, October 21, 2011

I am inspired by all the fresh produce at the market in San Miguel

I took out my mandolin and sliced long strips of zucchini.  I gently folded them accordion style and put a skewer through them, alternating a few zucchini with a folded up piece of prosccuitto.  I drizzled them with a mint, cilantro, lemon zest vinaigrette and then grilled them.  I had bought more zucchini that I needed for this recipe so I sliced them all up.  The next night I sauteed them along with some sliced onions in some butter and olive oil. Throw in a little sea salt.  The zucchini was perfectly cooked.
In a recent Food  and Wine magazine, a Bibb lettuce salad was featured.  I made it for company the other night and I loved the presentation.  The leaves were taken off the core and then layered on the plate like they were a complete head of lettuce, starting with the larger leaves on the bottom.  I made a scallion vinaigrette and garnished it with radish slices.  It was a big hit.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment