Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A busy day in San Miguel de Allende

One of my many busy days in San Miguel de Allende. Here I am delivering the welcome bags for my group that is arriving the next day for my guided tour of San Miguel and surrounding areas. Two days before, I was shopping for the welcome dinner and flowers for the house. I have been cooking like a mad woman making hors d' oeuvres, the entree and dessert.

The bags are full of good stuff. One special treat is the book, Visions of San Miguel: The Heartland old Mexico, which is full of interesting text and fabulous photography. There are two maps of San Miguel, one with a legend of historic sites. The other map is my own creation with a legend of restaurants, shops and useful places to know about (like a money exchange office, pharmacy, packing/shipping store, location of where you are staying and my house). There are my special lists, such as, "Some of Robin's favorite restaurants," "Some of Robin's favorite shopping spots," and more of Robin's lists. And there are more goodies in the bag. I won't give away all my secrets. Join me on one of my tours and see for yourself. And for those who have been on my tours, please tell your friends and have them check out my blog! Muchas gracias.

1 comment: