Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shopping, dining and sight seeing

On second day of my most recent tour which took place from April 6 - 12, it was a fun, full day. I started off with a little history of San Miguel de Allende and then off we went, up the hill to the jardin (central plaza). After touring the Parroquia, the parish church, we stopped into Galleria San Miguel which is the oldest art gallery in town. Sylvia Samuelson opened this gallery 48 years ago!



Here's Ann and Diane hamming it up for the camera.
I limit the group to 13 people so we can have an intimate experience and move at our own pace.  We really enjoy all the sights in San Miguel.


Next door, at a great shop that has beautiful textiles, clothing, rebozas and a lot more, Trudy is trying on a hand made shawl with the help of her daughter, Linda.

After touring a few more churches, Plaza Civica and the market, pass by some of the town's oldest mansions, it was time for comida (lunch). We headed over to one of my all time, favorite restaurants in San Miguel, Casa Blanca. Wayne and Cynthia are enjoying the hors d'oeuvres and a big, cold margarita before deciding on their entrees.
After comida, we strolled by the Teatro Angela Peralta and then stopped in a beautiful little boutique noted for their linen clothing, jewelry and leather purses. Arrieana is modeling the purse for me. And yes, she did buy it.

Not only am I the tour's leader, I have been known to be the "personal shopper." Gail is checking out the purse that Cynthia is contemplating on buying . And yes, she bought it too.

I love the fresh Calla Lilies with the boutique's window display and how the sun light was hitting them. After all the purchases were paid for, we gathered up our shopping bags and walked over to the Bellas Artes, the first art school in town.

Look for my next post in a few days. I will be writing about the Bellas Artes. Photos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment