Monday, September 13, 2010

Fonts around the world

When traveling, I am always impressed by the way different type styles or fonts are executed. My Dad is crazy about all different type styles that are out there. Being a seasoned AD man, I would think its in his blood. It definitely has rubbed off on me.

Whether I am in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico or Spain (there's a Latin theme to my travels), I always come across something different.

I just love the shadowing and the use of the dot in the "E"! All hand done too.
This font is very typical in San Miguel and neighboring towns.
This banner was hanging on the wall of the Casa de Cultura in Patzcuaro. Pretty funny.
I love the romantic look of this font. I shot this in Salamanca, Spain.
What a great sign! Too bad we were walking off a big lunch otherwise we would have popped in to see what they had to offer.

Good signage and interesting type does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment