Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dinner on the Patio

A few weekends ago, my husband and I had another couple over for dinner. The evenings were still pretty hot and I wanted to prepare a real summer menu. We started with a few hors d'oeuvres out on the patio.I cut up two racks of lamb, marinated them in chopped garlic, rosemary, sea salt, olive oil and sweet & sour sauce. I love doing it this way because they don't take long to grill. They turn out so tender. When perfectly cooked, the lamb just melts in your mouth.

The spinach was sauteed in a little water and olive oil, plated and sprinkled with roasted pine nuts and slivers of sauteed garlic. Tomatoes are unbelievable tasty right now. I made a tart with a fresh basil, egg, ricotta & mozzarella filling topped with sliced tomatoes. I love this because you can make it earlier in the day and serve at room temperature. Lemon Basil Sorbet, my new favorite summer dessert, especially when I have an abundance of basil in the garden. It is so refreshing and what a great combination of flavors.


In San Miguel de Allende, I have a lemon tree happily producing fruit on my mirador (roof top patio). This is a special treat to have because lemons are not available in the markets and I love lemons. Now I have lemons on hand so I can make this sorbet down at my casa south of the border.

As Abigal Trillin, age four, said after eating chocolate ice-cream, from "Alice, Let's Eat", "MY TONGUE IS SMILING!"

Buen Provecho Amigos!

PS: If you want the Lemon Basil Sorbet recipe, email me. robindsg@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment