Monday, September 20, 2010

Huerta Colorines, a great little restaurant

When I am at my home in San Miguel de Allende, I frequently make a trip over to Patzcuaro and visit many of the surrounding villages. One stop I never miss is this road side restaurant, Huerta Colorines, in El Tigre. El Tigre is between Capula (the clay Catrina capital of Mexico) and Quiroga.
The first order of the day was a cold Negra Modelo.
Huerta Colorines is one of the cleanest restaurants around. See how the floors shine. And the waiters literally run.
We were served a large platter with four different kinds of salsas; avocado salsa, pico de gallo, salsa verde (with tomatillos) and a really hot, smokey salsa.
For my entree, I had a flavorful chicken breast that had been pounded very thin, seasoned and grilled. The grilled onions were so sweet. We also had warm corn tortillas and a large bowl of their local beans. I have never had beans that were so delicious.
Of course, we had to have their flan. Mmmmm. I can taste it right now.

In February, I will be taking my Artisan & Architecture group here for comida (lunch). If you are interested in joining me, contact me at robindsg@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment