Friday, March 11, 2011

Life is Good in San Miguel

San Miguel de Allende would not be the same without its music.  Banda Amistad was waiting for a wedding party to leave the Parroquia church so they could join the party.
Even when they are not playing, they still look like they are having fun.
I was in my favorite talavera store over in Dolores Hidalgo with my group and this man was serenading us from the doorway.  His guitar certainly has been around.
On the way back from the market, La Pirulera Banda was setting up in front the the San Francisco church.  So I sat down and enjoyed the music before heading back to my casa.
These three set up on the street and played for cars and pedestrians as they went by.
In front of the Teatro Peralta, this gentleman played Sweet Lorraine per my Dad's request for my Mom, Lorraine.  He he did it beautifully.
These men were just warming up.  They were promoting an art fair that was setting up at the Instituto Allende.
A "One Man Band" in front of the Parroquia Church.
I was over I Patzcuaro with my parents, Bob and Lorraine, and two nights in a row we listened to these guys from the country play for us in the Don Vasco Plaza.  I am sure they work the fields all day and in the evenings they come in to try to make an extra peso or two.  Believe me, they would never make it to the finals of "singing with the stars" but the experience is so worth it.
My Mom, Lorraine, insisted on paying the ole guys a few extra pesos and she was just as excited to give them the money as they were to receive it.  What fun we had.

1 comment: