Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Carmen Miranda is full of flowers

I love to have flowers in my home, whether I am in Denver or San Miguel de Allende, and especially when I entertain.
I bought this crazy vase several years ago.  It reminded me of San Miguel de Allende with its "Carmen Miranda" look.  For this arrangement, I used green hypericum berries, hot pink daisies, golden yarrow and a dusty pink blooming dessert broom (Chamelucium).
"Carmen" is wearing a light purple statice (Limonium) around her face with beautiful green Bells of Ireland and fragrant hot pink and creamy yellow stocks (Matthiola).
The orange sunflowers were the base to her headdress accompanied with red Crocosmia, greenish yellow Cestrum, deep purple delphiniums and grasses (Setaria).
Carmen took on her native garb when I chose large tropical leaves, ruby red kangaroo paw (Anigozanthos), yellow orchids and just a touch of little purple flowers.  I have not Incorporated any fruit into her headdress, maybe next time.made it to her
I am at my casa in San Miguel de Allende and I am about to head out for breakfast and then over to the market where I plan on buying some of my favorites, hot pink glads, purple-blue agapanthus and the fragrant white tuber roses.  Mmmm, I can smell them now!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Carmen gets new hats made by Robin! What about Dianne?

    ReplyDelete