Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mexico is safer than most places in the states

There has been so much bad press in the US papers on Mexico, I thought I would post a link to the piece below.  It is very interesting and puts the safety issues of traveling and spending time in Mexico into perspective.   It was thirty-six years ago when my family bought our home in San Miguel de Allende.   I have never felt I was in danger when I am south of the border and traveling around.  As I do at home in the states, traveling around Europe, at my home in San Miguel de Allende, wherever I may be, just using common sense is key.  Be aware of your surroundings. 

http://travel.booklocker.com/2011/05/18/travel-safety-in-perspective-usa-vs-mexico/

Besides, with super heros like these in the jardin (main plaza) in San Miguel de Allende, who would not feel safe!  I certainly know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment