Monday, February 27, 2012

More Door Knockers in San Miguel de Allende

Walking around San Miguel de Allende is treat, no matter how you look at it.  One of the many things I love are the beautifully crafted door knockers.  A while ago I posted (September 8, 2010) about some of them, and I thought I would post a few more of the great door knockers around town.
A graceful, female hand.
No matter what color the door is, this door knocker is wonderful.  It is probable the most popular design around town.
 This door knocker looks like it just came out of a Mayan ruin.
Such a graceful poise of an angel.
Nice looking dog on the end of this knocker.
Angry lion, mad dog... What ever it is, I would think twice about knocking on this door.
 
 This lion has been around the block a few times.
I love the majestic look of this door knocker.  Very Regal.
You can not go wrong with this one.  It is just leaping off the door!  I think it would be fun to do a treasure hunt around San Miguel;   a bingo card with photos of a door knockers on it and the "player" would have to find them around town.  Would be the making of a great interactive fund raiser!




No comments:

Post a Comment