Monday, August 30, 2010

The Best Burger in Denver

Every time I pick up the newest issue of 5280 or Westword, there is always a piece on the best burger in town. In my opinion, it is Park Burger. Hands down. When I have been out of the country, especially when I have returned from my home in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, nothing hits the spot better than a Park burger.
Park Burger is a small little restaurant on the corner of Jewel and South Pearl Street. My husband, Len, and I usually sit at the bar and watch our burgers being grilled.
Len had his burger with melted cheese, sliced onion and jalapeno slices. I order the standard Park Burger minus the pickles. And definitely with their secret sauce. The potato bun is soft, tasty and the perfect amount of bread. I hate when the bun over powers the burger or sandwich. The burger is juicy and so flavorful. The fries are pretty darn good too!
Jean-Phillippe Failyau, owner & executive chef, recently opened another restaurant near downtown, Park & Company. Jean-Phillippe is also part owner of Osteria Marco on Larimar Square.
The space is casual and tastefully decorated. Similar design aspects can be found at both restaurants. The menu is a bit more extensive than Park Burger. Earlier in the week, Len had Gorgonzola stuffed dates and bacon which he said were great.

I love the funky mirror and check out the floor when you go. It's old, distressed oak strips that have years and years of different colored paint on them.
OK, I had the same burger again. But this time I had a black and tan since they have Guinness on tap.
There is a spacious patio on the east side of the building. A perfect place to dine on a summer evening!

Park Burger
1890 S. Pearl St.

Park & Co.
439 E. 17th Ave.
Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment