Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cheetos anyone?

I was over on Calle Insurgentes in San Miguel de Allende and I could not believe my eyes when I spotted this stack of Cheetos on the street. The Cheetos were piled higher than most cars! On one of my guided tours of San Miguel and the surrounding area, I had a lady friend that just loved those messy, orange things. So... as a little joke, I bought a big bag, and I mean BIG, of Cheetos and had it in her room along with her welcome bag. It was a big hit.

All I can say... the Mexicans don't mess around when it comes to their Cheetos!

3 comments:

  1. My most favorite chip junk food. Orange fingers and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was that lady! I loved it! Though I did have to share with my husband, thankfully, the bag was big enough for two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Cheetos, very popular junk food here in San Miguel! I wonder have you seen Tom's painting of the lady with the cheetos bag walking up Cuesta de San Jose? I'll send you a picture of it, I've just started my own blog donnadickson.blogspot.com mostly for my paintings and art students but postings from some of the great places we've been painting too. Donna

    ReplyDelete