Monday, October 18, 2010

My Twenty-Second Anniversary

Thursday I flew back to Denver from my home in San Miguel de Allende.  This past week I had another successful tour with a wonderful group of ladies and one couple! We had such a great time, the week just flew by.
Friday, October 15th, was my twenty-second anniversary.  We decided to go out to dinner the following week so my husband stopped at Whole Foods to pick up a steak for dinner. 
He asked the butcher to cut him a two-inch thick Porterhouse.  I just about fainted when I saw it!  It was the size of Texas.  It weighed 3.47 pounds and cost a pretty penny too, $48.00.  Needless to say, part of it went into the freezer for another meal.  Now I know why I do the majority of the grocery shopping, or at least give Len a detailed grocery list when I send him to the store.
He did crack me up though... Len told me that the modern day gift for the twenty-second anniversary was a Porterhouse Steak.
We had a great dinner along with a 2003 DOIX Priorat from Spain.  It's nice to be home!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! You're too young to have been married for 22 years! Bring some of that steak back here, si como no. And, Len, too! Abrazotes, Dianne

    ReplyDelete