Monday, January 24, 2011

Looking for a great brunch....

I get spoiled when I am in San Miguel de Allende because we go out for breakfast, lunch and dinner quite often.  But when I am in Denver, Saturday is my day to go out with my husband for brunch or lunch someplace.
The Squeaky Bean in LoDo, an area near downtown Denver, has a great brunch.   If you are not in the mood for eggs, their sandwiches are very good too.
It is not a big space, about 15 tables along with seating at the bar.
My favorite brunch item is the Eggs Benedict with perfectly poached eggs, thinly sliced Proscuitto, a light hollandaise sauce served on a slice of brioche that has been buttered and toasted on the griddle. 
Plus a side of roasted pork belly. 

It was starting to warm up and people were eating outside. 
It might be freezing out the day before with a little snow and the next day, I could be driving around with my sunroof open.  Denver, what a great place to live!

The Squeaky Bean
3301 Tejon, Denver
303-284-0053

No comments:

Post a Comment