Monday, July 16, 2012

Buenos Aires Pizzeria in Denver

One of my favorite places in Denver is Buenos Aires Pizzeria in downtown Denver just east of Larimar Street on Twenty-second Street.  Why?  For their delicious empanadas!
The decor is simple with a lot of memorabilia from Buenos Aires and Argentina.  Most of the time, the owner, Francis will greet you at the door.
This is the reason I go to Buenos Aires.  The empanadas.  My favorite is the Margarita (cheese, fresh basil and tomato).  My other empanadas of choice are the chorizo (slightly smokey flavor) and the blue cheese and onion.  Each filling's pastry is made in a different shape.  But I would be hard pressed to identify the twelve or so that are offered on the menu.  Two are plenty for me as an entree.  Many times I stop by their place on the west side of the restaurant and order a few to go (asked that they do not heat them up).  They make for a wonderful dinner with a salad or cut them in half and serve them at your next cocktail party.  Make note that they area closed on Mondays.
Just a block from the restaurant is this wonderful facade with "Find The Time To Take A Joy Ride!".  It just sang to me (as you would have guessed if you had read my previous post on my new bike).

Check Buenos Aires out.  They also offer pizzas, salads, sandwiches and really good gelato (the chocolate and pistachio are particularly good!). 


BUENOS AIRES PIZZERIA
1319 22nd Street
Denver, Colorado
#303-296-6710

(there is a parking lot across the street from the restaurant)



No comments:

Post a Comment