Friday, July 6, 2012

Cruising in Style

I just had to share with you the wonderful and beautifully embroidered dish towel that my friend and biking pal, Jennifer, made for me for my birthday!  I love Mexican folk art, especially Day of the Dead pieces.  The dish towel was right up my alley,
My new cruiser bike is bright, bright yellow with a detachable wicker basket and I have a hot pink and white bike helmet. Do you see any similarity between my bike and the embroidered one?
Jennifer tried out my bike after a lengthy bike ride and it was then she decided to give up her vintage one-speed, heavy, heavy Schwinn Cruiser for one like mine but in apple green.   You certainly can see us coming and just yesterday we cruised for about three hours and covered 18 plus miles.

And talk about Day of the Dead and biking...  This man delivering newspapers on his bike is  one of my favorites. I bought him in a great little folk art store in San Miguel de Allende years ago.  It is by Saulo Moreno who has brought this form of folk art to new dimensions.  He uses part wire and part paper mache and then paints it with such bright colors.



Even Jose Guadalupe Posada showcased a bunch of bikers young and old.  



So if you see two ladies, one on a bright yellow bike and the other on a bright apple green bike cruising around Denver, you will know it is Jennifer and me! 







No comments:

Post a Comment