Thursday, July 12, 2012

More art at the Denver Botanic Gardens

 On my last post, I wrote about the bamboo art installations at the Denver Botanic Gardens.  The water lilies were just as spectacular.  It had rained the night before and the morning sky was still overcast with a little bit of the sun starting to poke through the clouds.  The lighting (and shadowing) was pretty magical.  It was like the lily moved to create the small ripple around its stem.
This big lily pad looks like something from outer space sitting on a black and white dental x-ray.
 This pale purple and white lily looks almost transparent.
 Lily Pulitzer at its best!!!
Full of bees, I love the deep magenta leaves with this exploding pink lily.  Just think if I had a pair of waders what kind of trouble I could get into!

1 comment: