Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flowers Everywhere

Color is everywhere! Up on my mirador (rooftop patio) at my home in San Miguel de Allende, the flowers are just brilliant. The bougainvilleas are one big mass of color ranging from a deep fuchsia to pale pink. The purple jacaranda trees are exploding in San Miguel's blue, blue sky.
With this warm weather, the Peonies are in full bloom in my garden in Denver.

The Japanese Irish have popped open!
I was driving down Eight Avenue in Denver and I had to go around the block when I sighted these Poppies. I pulled over and shot some photos. The timing could not have been better for the sun overhead was at the perfect angle. With that ideal lighting, the Poppies were almost translucent!
These French Tulips were so tall and I love how the blue Pansies ground the whole display. What a pretty color combination.
My friend, Charlotte, who lives in Naples, Florida just emailed me these photos that she had shot of the Flame Trees. The colors are amazing and what a beautiful row of trees. This photo looks like a postcard!
This closeup of the Flame Tree's blossoms is just gorgeous. They remind me of a cross between an Alstoemeria and a Hibiscus.This Hibiscus I shot at the home of Jim and Laura's, in San Pancho, Mexico.
Spring is such a beautiful time of year and there is color everywhere I turn.

Less than two weeks until summer officially begins. Frankly, I think it has already started, last Monday it was 94 in Denver.

Happy gardening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment