Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Funky Boutique in San Miguel de Allende


Monday, I mentioned the endless shopping in San Miguel de Allende. MIXTA is one of the special places that I like to shop at. It is a funky, unique little boutique in the historic center of San Miguel de Allende and just a few blocks from the jardin. The decorations hanging from the doorway are different all the time and a welcome sight on the street.
Anna Sinclair, the owner, is a lot of fun and it shows in how she has designed her store and presented the merchandise. Behind her is a great saying that she painted on the wall, "I can resist everything... except temptations." How true!

Mixta has an eclectic blend of art, clothing, jewelry, woven pillows, purses, outrageous greeting cards that you would not dream of sending to your Aunt Millie, decorative items... You name it. Some beautiful textiles and I love the crazy little backpack with the wrestling motif on the front. The bag behind it, is Pancho Villa. Some have Frida on them.

As you enter (or exit) Mixta, Anna painted this clever saying, "I Use To have A Handle On Life... Then It Broke." The flowers in the old wellies are priceless.
Stop by her shop and say hola from "Robin."
Mixta
Pila Seca 16
San Miguel de Allende, Centro
Open Monday - Saturday, 11:00am - 7:00pm. Sunday, 11:00 am - 4:00pm



4 comments:

  1. I saw some crocheted earrings that were "reproductions" of shade pulls, only smaller, that I remember when I was a child. (I know, Robin, shade pulls were before your time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, my great, great, great, grandmother had those. Just kidding. I do remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, me llamo Fabiola y tengo una tienda en en el centro de queretaro de cosas Tailandesas y Tibetanas, conocĂ­ una clienta tuya con un vestido tibetano divino, me podrĂ­as dar el precio y si tienes en existencia, mi mail es pinto_fabi@yahoo.com
    espero tu respuesta, gracias de antemano.

    ReplyDelete