Friday, June 3, 2011

A Day at the Nursery, flowers that is

It's that time of year to get your hands dirty.  My neighbors tell me they know when it is officially summer when they see my geraniums planted in my big terra cotta pots on my front porch.  I was up at the wholesaler yesterday and I was like a kid in a candy store.
Green house after green house, three of them just for the geraniums.
I did end up buying a hanging basket full of fushcia colored impatients.  Once my Catalpa tree leafs out in the backyard, it is mostly shade.  So impatients do really well.
Aren't these Calceolarie beautiful?  I love the unusual slipper-like flowers in these bright yellow and orange colors.  Unfortunately they need full sun which my garden does not have.
 I love the range of pinks with these Cosmos.
You certainly can not beat a bed of pansies. 
Need to go back to planting.
Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment