Monday, June 20, 2011

The Parroquia in San Miguel de Allende

The Parroquia, San Miguel de Allende's parish church, towers over the jardin (the town's main plaza) and dominates the San Miguel skyline.  I shot this at sunset from the La Luna Bar at the Rosewood Hotel.  What a spectacular view of the backside of the Parroquia.
This view is from the mirador (rooftop patio) of a home at Calle de Cuadrante and Calle Cuna de Allende, just a block from the jardin.
I was up visiting my friends at their new gallery space that is on the second floor of the original Sanchez home overlooking the jardin with it mesmerizing view of the Parroquia: the Sanchez family is one of the oldest families in town, dating back to the late 1500's.  Tom & Donna Dickson are some of San Miguel's best artist in town.  If they are not out painting around town they can be found at their new gallery at Calle San Francisco 1.
I was up on the rooftop (third floor) of a building on the west side of the jardin.  Another great view of the Parroquia and the San Rafael church on the left.
Sitting in the jardin has the best view of the Parroquia and the best people watching.  Actually, there is not a bad view of the Parroquia in town and one that I never tire of.  My next tour to San Miguel is scheduled for March 27 - April 2, 2012.  See the Parroquia in person and join me for a week of exploration, shopping, gourmet dining and a real historic adventure. 
You may reach me at robindsg@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment