Friday, June 17, 2011

Skinny Houses in San Miguel de Allende

I am always amazed when I am walking around San Miguel de Allende, especially when I spot a "skinny" house.
I think this is the skinniest house in town.  I would guess the interior width of the house to be about seven feet.  This is when bunk beds come in handy and flat screen TV's.
It is not uncommon to see a good size front door that has little or no exterior wall space surrounding it.  Once you enter the home, an interior hallway will lead you back into a larger courtyard and the home's interior.
The same goes for this home.  I just love those blue doors!
And talking about doors.  I had my sister-in-law, Susan, stand next to this door for scale.  You won't be bringing home big furniture to this house.
Keep your eyes peeled when walking around San Miguel.  You never know what you will discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment