Friday, June 24, 2011

La Petit Four is a gem of a place!

La Petit Four is a gem of a pastry shop and cafe right in the historic center of San Miguel de Allende.  The aromas that waifs out the window from the pastries that are baking in the oven are soooo good. 

Paco Cardenas and Norma Guerrero opened La Petit Four about twelve years ago. Paco's passion for cooking began in his grandmother's kitchen in Mexico City where he grew up. I too have fond memories of baking bread and caramel rolls with both of my grandmothers when I was young.  I even had my own little mini bread pans.

I think this painting of Paco is great!

Here's Norma, on the right, preparing something really good I would bet.There is a variety of pastries, cookies, tarts, croissants, brownies, cakes, baguettes, truffles, sandwiches... Some days, they have Lavosh which is the perfect cracker to have with a little goat cheese. On the way home from the market, it is always a treat to sit at the little table by the front door, sip on a cold chocolate frappe, nibble on a pastry and watch the people walk by.  And of course, I always buy something to take back to the house for later.

This cake with the fresh figs and almonds makes my mouth water.  Yumm!




La Petit Four
Mesones 99-1
San Miguel de Allende


Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm

1 comment:

  1. I love Paco- he is a fantastic chef/instructor- both sweets and savories, and he is an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete