Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who needs a calendar in San Miguel de Allende

Today is Saturday. How do I know? Well, let me tell you a cute story. This is Mariana Alvarada G., who has a darling little boutique, Boutique El Inquisidor, up the street from my house in San Miguel de Allende.
She sells typical Mexican cotton clothing and many of the pieces are beautiful hand embroidered.
Dresses, blouses, skirts, shawls, children clothes... very pretty and nicely displayed. Some hats and purses too.
After visiting with Mariana one afternoon, I commented on how I loved seeing the different "color coded" display of clothing in her doorway every day when I walked by. She said that she has a color for each day of the week; Monday is white, Tuesday is green, Wednesday is lavender, Friday is orange, Saturday is turquoise and Sunday is pink. A lady who lives up the street told Mariana that if she did not know what day it was, she would just look out her door to see what color clothing Mariana had on display in the doorway. Only in Mexico!
Green... I guess it must be Tuesday today!

Check out her boutique and meet Mariana, she's darling too! Tell her Robin sent you in!


Boutique "El Inquisidor"
Cuadrante No. 34
10 am - 2 pm / 4 pm - 7 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment