Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Casa Blanca in San Miguel de Allende

Nothing is better than stopping into Casa Blanca Restaurant in San Miguel de Allende for a cold beer and for the best margarita in town!
Casa Blanca is a charming little spot and is spotless. The service is superb and the food is delicious not to mention well priced! Some of my favorites on the menu are their cream of spinach soup and the chicken crepes. The soup is made fresh daily and it is so light. The thin crepes are packed with chicken with a delicate bechamel sauce. My husband loves the filete de arrachera and the large shrimp stuffed with a cream of spinach. The waiters are so nice. As you probably guessed, they are brothers. I can not recall when I did not receive a complimentary hors d'oeuvre when I go there for comida or dinner.
I love this chandelier that hangs in the main dining room. This tin piece is made locally.
My Mom says they make the best Chiles en Nogada that she has ever had. Served at room temperature, Chiles en Nogada is a roasted poblano chili stuffed with picadillo (a luscious mixture of beef, nuts, onions, candied fruit and cinnamon.) The poblano is then covered with a walnut cream sauce and pomegranate seeds. When Pomegranates are out of season, chopped red pepper is a good substitute. The rose made from a curled up tomato skin is one of their signature decorations.
The desserts are sooooo good and the presentation fabulous! They prepare an assortment of dessert crepes and the decorative design is always different.
Casa Blanca is one of the great restaurants to which I take my groups. On Day Two, when we are on my guided walking tour of San Miguel, we stop for comida (lunch in Spanish) at Casa Blanca and a ice cold lemonada, cerveza or margarita really hits the spot! Buen Provecho y Salud!

Casa Blanca
Hidalgo 34
San Miguel de Allende
Closed on Mondays.


Please tell Luis that I sent you in!

No comments:

Post a Comment