Friday, July 2, 2010

Schomp 2010 Denver Polo Classic

Sunday I attended the 2010 Schomp BMW Denver Polo Classic finals. My friend Cindy bought a table and I was fortunate to be included. I got to know Cindy when she joined me on my San Miguel de Allende tour last April. As I mentioned before, meeting new friends through my tours has been an absolute bonus!
The tent seemed to go on for ever. The flowers on the table were beautifully done. All the people volunteering for the event were extremely pleasant and accommodating. Restaurants like Second Home, Lala's, Sullivan's (just to name a few) were serving great food. Each of us at the table bought a raffle ticket for a one week vacation in Montserrat but we didn't win! Rats!!

Here's Sandra, Jo Ann and our hostess, Cindy, all wearing hats for the occasion.

Marge and Gail enjoying a glass of champagne! Gail was also on my April tour.

What a beautiful setting and gorgeous horses. The polo field was huge, it's nine times larger than a football field. I can remember working on this event in its earlier stages. It was started 23 years ago by Perkins Shear and the Denver Art Museum. It certainly has come a long way!
We all had a great time and a lot of money was raised for the Children's Foundation. Thanks Cindy for such a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Robin! It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin-
    I ran across your info and your trips look interesting.
    I am a guide in Copper Canyon and am doing small group culturally rich trips there on the train - culinary and pottery related trips.
    my sites are www.authenticcoppercanyon.com and for the culinary, www.thebluecornexpress.com.
    I am coming through Denver next week and would like to meet with you ...perhaps we could collaborate in some way.
    davehensleigh@gmail.com and 217.369.9897

    Dave Hensleigh

    ReplyDelete